The specifications to LiveNX All-In-One Server types and its OVF requirements. Storage can be expanded by adding additional data disks.
NOTE: LiveAction Cloud license. You need to have a new license for V6.0. Contact LA Support(firstname.lastname@example.org) added to the cloud license process.
LiveAction’s LiveNX AIO deployment is made to simplify the user experience in deploying LiveNX on the network. LiveNX AIO deployment combines the needs of the entire deployment into 1 simple and easy OVA to deploy. This simplifies the startup and makes user experience overall easy and functionally favorable to get up and running.
If you have any questions about this guide, or need any assistance in general please contact LiveAction support: email@example.com.
This section provides step-by-step details for installing the LiveNX Server. LiveNX Server installation is Java based and runs on both Windows and Linux OS platforms. In addition, LiveNX can also be deployed on ESX(i).
LiveNX All-In-One (AIO) Deployment
The LiveNX All-In-One installation is deployed on ESX(i). Please follow the steps below to deploy the All-In-One.
NOTE: The OVA installation has LiveNX integrated, there will NOT be a software installation step.
- Download the OVA from www.liveaction.com
- Deploy the OVA onto ESX(i)
- Example is an ESX(i) installation
- Tiny Servers can be installed on laptops with VMware Player and/or VMware Workstation1.
Step1: Log into vSphere
Step 2: Deploy the OVA
2a. Click on File > Deploy OVF Template > Browse to the OVA file
2b. Review the Image Description and click Next
2c. Name the Deployment Image and click Next
2d. Choose a data store and Thick Provision Lazy Zero and click Next
2e. Review and Select Changes to the Disk Format
Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed
– Recommended if the physical disk space is available ii.
Thick Provision Eager Zeroed
– Recommended if the physical disk space is available
– Recommended if in a test environment where data storage is not as important
Explanation of Thick Provision vs. Thin Provision
2f. Choose a Destination Network and click Next
2g. Review all previous choices and click Finish
3. VMware will begin deploying the Virtual Appliance based on the configuration
4. Power on the OVA
5. Configure the Network
NOTE: LiveNX comes with the ability to pick up DHCP on a local network as well as utilize a static IP
5a. Static IP Option
- Recommended for Production Environments
2. Configure Static IP and Select “y”
5b. DHCP Option
NOTE: DHCP Option will have the above fields filled in if there is a DHCP Server to distribute IPs
- Recommended for Test Environments
- Configure DHCP Option
Once the network configuration portion is completed, the LiveNX Appliance will be reachable. The next steps would be to log into the appliance and launch the LiveAction Management Console.
Starting up the All-In-One LiveNX
The All-In-One OVA was designed to quickly startup LiveNX on the OVA platform as quick and as easy as possible. After the network config settings, this should be the Appliance view.
Step 1: Licensing
- By this time, you should have received an email from LiveAction Support regarding the cloud license. With the information from the email, please proceed to the next step.
- Point your browser to the IP of the All-In-One OVA and login with your LiveNX Client credentials
- In another tab, login to the LiveAction Licensing Portal.
- Once you are logged in to the licensing portal, you will see your LiveNX 6.0 License(s) here. In the Details column, click on the “eye” icon to obtain your Key and Secret:
5. Go back to the webUI, Click on Add license 6. Enter the Key and Secret that you noted from step 5. Click on Next 3. You will be re-directed to Add cloud license page. Click Yes
4.Once your license is activated, you will be re-directed to the Configure page. Here, you can verify the License information Click on About page to check the server and web version
5. Click on About page to check the server and web version
Using Traditional License:
1. Go to the webUI, Click on Add license
2. Upload the required license file XXX.lic
Using Trial License
1. Go to the webUI, Click on Use Trial License on the Cloud or Traditional and fill in the information.